Thursday, October 27, 2011

The May 2011 Monthly Craft Market in review

The first Monthly Craft Market, held on May 29, 2011, was a resounding success. For a small first-time event that didn't have access to deep pockets for advertising, it was surprisingly well-attended. We had about a dozen vendors and musicians, and maybe about 100 people or so pass through the doors. I know that might not sound like a lot compared to something like the Spring Arts Festival; but again -- new! First time!

Personally I had a great time, in part because my friend Laura came to sit with me and help me out, and then at the next table was my former co-worker, Ginger, and her daughter Holly. What a small town!

People seemed genuinely glad to see us there and for something like this to start, and by the end of the day I was already looking forward to there being another market in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment